SO I CAVED…
and read the entire hunger games series in the past 48 hours. It was really only a matter of time.
Things I learned/already knew that were reinforced by my recent HUNGER GAMES binge:
1. fashion is the most immediate and effective silent rebellion despite the materialistic connotations and negative implications of the industry as a whole. It is the best and easiest way to connect to a mass audience without uttering a word.
2. in a tight spot, if you’re a vindictive soul, you will behave accordingly.
3. trust the goodness in people
4. names are fun
5. armed with a good and allegorical plot, character development is sometimes unimportant
6. oysters are awesome. oysters with sauce are even better. half of a delectable eating experience is garnered in the hunting and gathering of it.
7. THERE IS NO DISTRICT 12.
8. 12 is a holy number but 8 is better for making inconsequential lists.